Attorneys at Figliulo & Silverman have a strong track record of providing litigation and transactional services for the firm’s private and public clients in a broad range of commercial real estate matters.
The firm litigates and resolves disputes involving development rights, partnership and LLC rights, contract enforcement, landlord/tenant, lender liability, condominium association, financing, title, easement, zoning, code, foreclosure, valuation and environmental issues.
On the transactional side, the firm negotiates and drafts contracts and related documentation, including for purchases and sales, leasing, financing, zoning, annexation and easements.
The following is a representative sample of matters handled by the firm:
- Represented a resort property owner in a declaratory judgment action, resulting in a judgment in favor of the resort owner after a bench trial.
- Served as primary outside counsel for a major Chicago commercial property owner during a multi-year redevelopment of the property.
- Represented a developer in foreclosure actions brought by lien claimants and a lender on a large commercial property in Chicago.
- Represented an owner in the sale of a country club in suburban Chicago.
- Represented a lessee with hundreds of properties in the Chicago area on a variety of matters.
- Represented an owner in the sale of vacant property, including annexation and rezoning, to be developed as a mixed-use site.
- Represented a tenant in the purchase from the landlord of a multi-use commercial property in Chicago.
- Negotiated and drafted an easement to enable construction of a new museum in Chicago.